[VAC] Re: WBCCI MEMBERSHIP

Hi Gang,
    For a short time a year or so ago the wbcci webmaster who lives here in
New Hampshire had a complaint link on the website. It has been removed it in
the current redesign of the site. From observing the way the current
WBCCI website is constructed, it appears that electronic communications
available is intended to be through the chain of command from unit to region
levels. Look at the Region structure on the website,

http://www.wbcci.org/Regions.asp

most if not all region officers have email addresses. many units have a
WebPages or a whole site. The email addresses of the membership chairmen are
there as well.

The WBCCI is moving not from the top down but from the bottom up.
Not as fast as many would like but it is moving in the right direction.

One unit that has had tremendous growth in this past year is the WDCU.
In a recent letter to a prospective member Bill Scott our membership
chairman wrote: (Edited)

The WDCU has members from all different geographic areas.  We formed this
unit about one year ago, and today we have 39 members and about 32 affiliate
members.  Most of our members have Vintage Airstreams and live on the east
coast, from NH to GA, we also have members in AZ, CO, NE, and others in the
Midwest.  Most of our rallies have been in PA, MD, and VA. Our newsletters,
and all correspondence is via email.  We even have a provision in our
bylaws, to conduct meetings and voting via email.  We are a little younger
than the average WBCCI unit, and most of our members still work, and many
have children. Our signature rally, the Cherry Blossom Rally, will be held
in Maryland this coming April 5-8.  We will camp in a wagon wheel, near the
city, and travel in to visit the sites each day.  If you will click on the
url below, you can check out our homepage. Many of the old newsletters are
posted there, and lots of other info is there as well.

http://www.servintfree.net/wbcci-dc/

WAM
3rd VP WDCU 2001