[VAC] Re: WBCCI MEMBERSHIP

Hello All,

We also are younger Airstreamers (42) with children that still like to travel
with us. We have had a great 3 years in the club and our unit makes us feel
at home within that group of "old timers." They know that we may not be able
to get to a rally on Wednesday or Thursday but when we pull in on Friday
night we always have a place waiting for us and a warm welcome. My girls
enjoy the tours and activities and the 30 to 40 "grandparents" they now have.
Not too many 5th and 7th graders have seen them build a Suburban or been to
the number of states that my kids have, Airstreaming has made this possible.
In short it is what you make of it, yes it is more of a retirees club but us
working stiffs still have a place within the group. I look forward to my term
as Unit President (2nd vice this year) and was honored when asked to take
part. Can we change most of the old ways? I doubt it, but I think we can have
an effect and make some change if we participate to the extent that our work
and family lives allow. I choose Airstreaming over a number of other hobbies
because it is something we can do as a family and the kids are exposed to the
good things that go with this great group of people.

To those of you who have complaints with the way things are run at the WBCCI,
get involved, state your case and invoke change.

Ed
WBCCI/VAC 4425