[VAC] Re: WBCCI MEMBERSHIP

Roy Lashway's comments about the WBCCI and the future were excellent.  I
like to compare the WBCCI to a mom and pop restaurant with one waitress
and one cook, and a part time dishman.   At those staffing levels, the
volume will soon reach their expectations.  When the membership levels
reach around 5,000 (about 4 more years) and needed changes have to be
made to save the club,  new innovations, and new policies will be
implemented to attract the baby boomers, who will be approaching 60
years of age.  The Washington DC Unit is the fasting growing unit in the
WBCCI, and that is because we reach out to all Airstream owners, vintage
or otherwise.  We try to make it easy to join, and participate.  Some
silly units make a new prospective member attend a rally before they
will give them their name tags.   Maybe those same units should make the
prospective members, jump through additional hoops, to prove their
worthiness.    At the WDCU, we want any owner of an Airstream product to
feel welcome, and join in the fray.   Some of the "over the hill gang",
as Roy says, just don't care anymore.   I agree, and I want to thank Roy
for his opinion and well thought out comments.

Bill Scott
Charter Member and Membership Chairman
Washington DC Unit,  WBCCI   #3221
Our Homepage;  http://www.servintfree.net/wbcci-dc/