[VAC] Re: Still new to a '64 GlobeTrotter

John, I'm an even newer vintage Airstreamer than Harvey is but I've owned
two other Airstreams starting in 1971. At the risk of further confusing
you and/or causing you to question the wisdom of getting into trailering
at all, there's another factor on the electrical hook up to look into.

My '68 Tradewind trailer end connector has 1/4 inch round brass pins that
would plug into the female receptacle on my F-150 pick up. Only the more
recent Ford trailer towing connector accepts flat blade connectors and not
round pins. Since your Globe Trotter was towed last summer, there's a good
chance the trailer connector has been modified to the new blade type plug
to fit a recent vehicle hitch and wiring set up.

The easy part is after you get hitched and leveled up. With that F-250
diesel, you won't even know there's anything behind you. Keep checking
your mirrors for 18 wheelers coming by at 80 MPH as they will tend to
blow you around a little. Not bad if it's expected but surprising if you
are not aware they are there.

I'll have all this to do myself before long when I make a trip to Texas to
pick up my '68 Tradewind and bring it back to Atlanta.

Regards,

Jim Greene