[VAC] Re: window condensation & Front Window

Bill-
My front window also had condensation and was dirty between the panes, there
was even a dead moth between them. Here is what I did:
1. Raise the rock shield as high as it will go.
2. Open the window and remove the push rods. There is a allen set screw on
the underside of the inside knob. and then the nuts that hold them to the
window.
3. To remove the window from the trailer you need two people, one on each
end. Lift the window above horizontal and it will slip out of the grove on
the top.
4. Place the window on a hard surface covered with an old blanket with the
outside down.
5. The inside storm window has a metal frame with 14 (?) screws holding
together along the outer edge. This was the tough part as mine had not been
removed in 27 years. I soaked them in wd-40 and still had to use a small
impact wrench to get them out. I used a "tack" hammer with the impact wrench
and was REAL careful. When reinstalling I used new screws coated in Vaseline
which should make it easier next time.
6. The frames should then separate and you can lift off the inside pane.
7. On mine there was a strip of tape insulation around the window. Clean the
old insulation off, clean the windows, install new insulation and reverse
the procedure to reinstall.
Note: Its best to do this when the humidity is low or in a heated area. It
took me about four hours for the project, mostly due to the screws being
frozen. It sure is nice to have a clean window and no condensation. Good
Luck
Greg