[VAC] Floor Repair

Toby,

Thanks for the response.  I'm sure you are correct.  No doubt the truly
professional way to resolve the problem would be to replace the floor but
I'm just not willing to remove the entire bathroom to be able to gain access
to the damaged area in order to replace the entire rear floor from the u
channel on one side to the u channel on the other.

What is your opinion of using a saber saw or Sawzall to cut out, from the
bottom, the rotted section stopping at the rear edge of the body then
replacing just a small section, maybe roughly 12" by 18"?  Is there a way to
cut away the section of plywood under the u channel that supports the body
and then slip a fresh new piece under the u channel without removing/lifting
the body?  I know there are 1/4" bolts and/or sheet metal screws that attach
the u channel to the plywood that would have to be removed in order to do
so.

Have you or anyone else done that?

Truthfully, I am not planning a genuine restoration of this old Safari.  I
just want to get it looking decent and in good serviceable shape so I can
use it to participate in some caravan and rally events with the VAC folks.
I'm willing to settle for good, not great and certainly not perfect.

All advice is invited.

Harvey