[VAC] Re: deadbolt

This came up a few months ago, and i believe the rationale for placing the deadbolt mechanism into the door frame has to do with frame-strength. Be that as it may, I installed a Schlage deadbolt mechanism in the DOOR of my 1965 Globetrotter. I simply replaced my doorknob with the deadbolt. That left me with no doorknob, and i had to use the key to open the door every time... and, i had to enlarge, slightly, the hole in the doorframe to receive the bolt. Small inconvenience for a very solid and secure locking mechanism.

Tuna
'49 Clipper
wbcci #8862, VAC