[VAC] Re: Radiant flooring

Gerald et al:

Seems like what we need are trailers with one side with lots of glass which
we park to face south in the winter. My argosy's heat load on a sunny
day--even near 0 temps--is virtually nill from about noon till when the sun
goes down, at which point it climbs like a rocket. I'd like to add another
window, and there's a great place to do it, over the range. It would be a
twin to one over the sink. How much do these cost, and how tough are they to
install? Then I'll put a slab of slate as a work surface over the range and
sink (a recycled blackboard), just for the fun of saying I have a solar
collector for a desktop.

Meanwhile, I'm wondering: solar gain works best when the sun is shining on
the occupant. What would it take to make a collector from foil-faced celotex
that would focus sunlight on my back as I worked? Inside or outside the
trailer? hmmmm. . .

dan
75 Argosy 26