[VAC] [VAC} Radiant heating data

The October/November 2000 issue of Home Power has a comprehensive
article on radiant floor heating. The author recommends 1/2"
cross-linked polyethylene (PEX), attached to the bottom of flooring
panels or cast in concrete.  They recommend using static impeller
drive pumps, suggesting that the 10 watt (12V 0.8A DC) version will
circulate water at the desired rate through up to 600 ft of 1/2"
tubing. 3.5 and 5 watt versions are also available, from Ivan Labs
in Jupiter, FL, 561-747-5354. The current #80 issue of the magazine and
other details are at www.homepower.com, maybe they would release the
pdf's of the previous issue too if you asked.

Now, it would be a neat trick to put solar collectors on the roof
of my Globetrotter, but I don't know of anything with enough thermal
mass that would keep the floor warm at night (and still be pullable
with a reasonable vehicle). I have radiant heating in my shop floor
and it's great -- a small 60,000 BTU gas boiler runs for about three
hours in the morning and then comes on a few times during the day.

--
David Josephson '64 Globetrotter project