[VAC] Re: Electric Ceramic Heaters

Bill--no, there are no emissions of any kind, so you're safe. For that
reason, I've chosen that kind of heater to heat my rig, which I use as an
office. Currently, it's ten below outside and 50 degrees inside my 26' rig.
I've made a press-fit door of celotex foam insulation to fit the passageway
between the front and center twin bedroom of my coach, so the little heater
only has to heat half when it's real cold like this. And since it's aimed
right at me at point-blank range, I'm toasty even with the thermometer
reading 50 or so. I have a Pelonis Flex Furnace II, which I love--it's very
quiet, produces very hot air, and has a thermostat that varies the heat
output and fan speed in tandem, infinitely, rather than cycling on and off,
so it keeps a very even temp in that mode. Expensive, at $140 bucks or so,
but worth it (from www.pelonis.com). I also have a brand-x ceramic fin
heater for backup. It cost me only 25 bucks or so, but the fan bearings are
pretty well shot after only a few months continuous use. Pelonis' fans are
continuous duty.

Dan
75 Argosy 26