[VAC] Re: Vintage brakes and seals

Hello all,
I have always been able to get matches for any bearing (except outboard
motor crankshaft bearings)or seal from a local Power Transmission outlet.
Look in the phone book under "Power Transmission". Being in the machine
building business I use these sources all the time for new bearings and
seals. When I need a replacment part of this nature I take the old parts to
the store and have the salesman match them. Most often the manufacture
stamps their name (you may need a magnifyer)on the bearing race or seal lip.
Based on the notes made by the original owner of my 66 Overlander, it has
Timken roller bearings. Inside = # 25580, outside = # LM67040. The seal is
listed as National # 442109 or Kelsey-Hayes # 42385, they are 3-3/8" OD x
2-1/4" ID. I don't know if yours are the same but that may be a place to
start the search.
Phil Piper