[VAC] Re: Ammeter

While I cant garantee this is good for 71 in 69 and  70  either the dc fuse
panel or a panel in the univolt had a piece of flat copper with 2 wires
attached.  one of them to a screw in a slot that could be moved. This piece
of metal was the meter shunt and the sliding screw the adjustment.  At best
not too accurate but it does work.   In the 70 the fuse panel was in the
front of the univolt case but could be removed and remounted if a different
converter was used.  In the 69 the panel was outside of the univolt
already. If it is missing ,a meter shunt could probably be fabricated
simply by copying one from another trailer.   I do not know what the
current rating of the metr in the panel is but it is unlikely more than a
milliamp and may be in the microamp range.

Just tried to double check the 70 globe trotter location but the rear door
is frozen shut.

Hope this helps.

Rick Davis 1602
70 Globe Trotter