[VAC] Re: Airstream Serial Numbers

Close Toby, but no cigar.   While the production sequence number, "might
" be the 541st coach of that model, it also might be the 541st of a
production sequence of 22 footers, that could include other models.   We
have no hard, slam dunk evidence, that those production sequence numbers
are what you may think.  So far,  the numbers look like they could mean
what you say,  but , we are just not "sure".  In the mid sixties,  the
production run per year, was about 600 coaches. and I don't think they
made 541 Safari's.   One of these days, we may know for sure.   RJ and
Toby are amassing a good set of numbers.

Bill Scott
Charter Member and Membership Chairman
Washington DC Unit,  WBCCI   #3221
Our Homepage;  http://www.servintfree.net/wbcci-dc/