[VAC] Airstream Serial Numbers

RJ,

Reading your posting regarding Pacers I realized you must have a good bit of
information about vintage Airstream serial numbers.  Can you decipher a VIN
determining such info as plant where it was manufactured?

The name and model plate on the curb side in front of the entry door and
under the window of my vintage trailer contains two separate numbers as
follows:    "S022"    "S6541."  Those two separate numbers are combined to
read SO226541 on the certificate of title.  Of course I know that the
trailer is a 1966 Safari 22' but I am curious if you can tell me where it
was manufactured and how each digit decodes.

Harvey Barlow
Lubbock, TX
'93 Excella, '66 Safari