[VAC] Re: Pacer 1960 1/2 ?

Interesting.  This is why I track AS model info on a spreadsheet - so it can be
revised and updated.  It is also why the model list isn't on the VAC website
yet - too many holes in it still.  I keep a simple version of it on the
VintageAirstream.com website, changing it as we go, too.

The serial number is correct, I must have been tired when I typed that chart in
the e-mail,  It should read:
Pacer serial #'s were:
SS100 to SS141 for 1958
SS 9 001 to SS 9 329 for 1959
SS 0 330 to SS 0 429 for 1960.

Some of the "Pacers" that used to be in the Archive photo's were identified as
17' Pacers by their owners, but turned to be 18' Globetrotters, Travelers &
Caravels.  I'm in the process of updating the 17' & 18' models in the archive
now.  That would explain the shorter look.

Now, for what I find interesting.  You mention it was made in Ohio.  It has
long been held that Pacers were only made in California, because Calif was the
only plant using "TSS", "DSS", "TDS", etc in their serial numbers, so it was
assumed the "SS" in the Pacer meant it was too a Californian.  I have had my
doubt's for other reasons, but would love to know what you have that makes them
made in Ohio.  May get this resolved yet.

Anyone else have information on the birthplace of the Pacers?

Thanks,
RJ