[VAC] Re: Trailer connector

You might replace all the wiring set screws with brass screws from the
hardware store. Then spoon in some silicone dielectric grease (such as
Ford part number F8AZ-19G208AA) to keep water away. I'm using that in my
lights and connections and in the working side of the plug to keep
surfaces from corroding. I also enclose the plug in a hitch ball cover
and hang it to keep water from running into the cover (e.g. cover up) to
cut down on the water. I wish for a cover that fits tighter.

Gerald J.