[VAC] Re: polishing - links,links,links

I personally recommend a cyclo polisher.  Available
here:

http:\\www.topoftheline.com

Irene Bernardo runs the show there, and I got
excellent customer service, and a great price. (not
much more than a regular polisher) -- You are looking
for RPM's (3200 RPM being a standard) since polishing
happens at high speed.  Polishing also needs to happen
in warm weather.

I think many on the list use Rolite polishes, and they
are good, Nuvite is also good.

Rolite is available by calling Janet @ Rolite:
Here's the number: 800/253.6466

Use wool pads and Rolite pre-polish to remove heavy
oxidation, then switch to cotton bonnets and go
through the whole three step process: Pre-polish,
metal polish, and AP-300 (all Rolite products)

it will be time consuming, and seem slow using a
cyclo, but if it is, you are doing it right.  In the
end you will have a mirror finish.

go here and click on the slide show to see results:

http://www.airstream-bohemia.com/journal/page2.html

RJ Dial set out for different results, and achieved
them using foam buffs, cyclo, and Rolite. Go here to
see his results (and instruction):

http://www.vintageairstream.com/rr_polish1.html

so there you have it.  It takes time, patience, and
it's dirty work, but it's not hard.

for more instruction - go to Roy Lashway's site, and
click on the polishing link - he's written up a step
by step about his experience.

http://www.zianet.com/rlashway/

Toby 2029

p.s.  I used a die grinder for part of mine, and the
initial results were awesome, but doing a whole
trailer like that would leave your shoulders so
cramped up you wouldn't appear to have a neck.  And
there's one more thing that I'm sure you'll learn -
your trailer looks best when it's "Colored" evenly.
You'll find out.

Good Luck!