[VAC] Re: Radiant flooring

Okay, I'll throw in my 2 cents worth.

I like the idea of radiant heating.  One thought as to how to do this is to
use a plastic tubing, such as PEX, and attach it to the underside of the
existing floor.  Obviously, this means removing the belly pan.  You would
have to figure out how much tubing to use and how to arrange it on the
floor for optimal heat tranfer.  Having the plastic tubing attached to the
floor, I would use the spray-in, expandable foam insulation to fill in
between the floor and the bottom of the frame.  Now, replace the belly pan.
 It would probably require a separate on-demand hot water system.  BTW,
on-demand hot water systems are what is used in some residentual radiant
floor heating systems.  The fluid used in the tubing for heating has
something to keep it from freezing so I think it's feasible to do this type
of heating in a trailer.

Just some thoughts,
Garnett
60 Caravanner