[VAC] Re: Mod-Bambi

I've enjoyed reading the responses to the new Bambi.  And I appreciate the
way in which Airstream is trying to reach new groups of trailer users.  The
model on the web site is indeed a smaller version of the regular series -
and maybe the lower price will appeal to some that would otherwise shy away
from the brand.  But I also like to suggest that Thor consider designs for
more active lifestyles: no carpet (as in the 19' Bambi); big, serious
showers (for after hard mountain bike rides or kayaking in the early spring,
maybe even an outside shower for summer);  solid cabinetry (light weight,
and no fake, photofinish wood; room for 4 to sit around a table, minimal
cooking facilities (2-burner is adequate, no oven); built in solar panels
(enough to run the laptop); refrigerators with room for block ice; big bed
for 2 (the other 2 might be outside in a tent); no TV; no "living room" area
(we can often sit outside); etc.  These would be trailers designed for the
backwoods: light weight, not too wide, well-ventilated, skylight; tight so
that no dust enters, simple so that things do not vibrate apart on back
roads - a basic yet solid shelter.  These would appeal to those of us that
have always slept in tents, not because we couldn't afford more, but because
we like simple, quality travel.   That, to us, is the appeal of the older,
smaller trailers, but not everyone wants to fix them up, or has the time to
fix them up.  Some might want to buy a new one.

Christian
66 Caravel