[VAC] New B-16, photos

Elisa,   you can go to  ;

http://www.airstream.com/

then go to, "whats new",  then that will take you to the new  B-16 .   I
have studied the new B-16, and I think it is a definite winner.   Under
20K, without AC and other options.  Zip Dee awnings are available, the
layout is similar to the old style.  With only 13 feet of interior
space, there is not a lot with which to work.   I am anxious to see the
Inside Design model because I'm sure it will have new design parameters,
and will reach out to a whole new market.
As you can see, the weight is steadily creeping up, with a GVWR of
3500#.  I think the use of more interior aluminum, and less heavy wood
will help.   This little coach is supposed to be a weekend camper, not a
subsitute  Excella  500.  I would eliminate that big stove/oven and
replace it, with a 3 burner stove top, and a small microwave over head.
Most women I know in the VAC, hate to cook on these outings, and to fire
up the oven in that little B-16, seems like a waste.  A little stove top
burner above the refrigerator, would eliminate that stove / oven combe,
and create more counter and storage space.  I am not a gourmet cook, but
in my rally experience, which is usually in the summer months,  I have
never had the need to fire up the Oven, but a Microwave would be most
welcome.  I aspire to the philosphy that "Less is More",  and my 1961
16' Bambi, at 1850 pounds, unloaded,  and about 2500 lbs , loaded is
more than adequate for my needs.  I usually travel solo, but
occasionally will travel with my son, or a companion.  The Bambi is a
two person coach, maximum.
A tip O the hat, to Inside Design, for having the courage to attempt
this project, and most of all, trying to keep it lightweight.

Bill Scott
Charter Member and Membership Chairman
Washington DC Unit,  WBCCI   #3221
Our Homepage;  http://www.servintfree.net/wbcci-dc/