[VAC] Re: Early Airstream Year and Model Identification

.....>
> I have read references to sales brochures which some members have.
> Does anyone have a '66 sales brochure that can be viewed via internet?
> I would enjoy reading how Airstream hyped the '66 Safari I am working on......

Fred Coldwell may have some buried in the pile he is scanning for the
archives, so we may see them right after the first of the year when the
VAC archive section goes active on the website.

.....>
> I recently purchased the great book, "Airstream - The History of the Land
> Yacht" (I recommend it to every Airstream enthusiast) and have spent hours
> thumbing through the pages, admiring the old photos, reading the text, and
> wondering what Wally's caravans must have been like.  I can generally
> distinguish between 40s, 50s, 60 through 68s, and 69 and newer trailers
> but I don't know enough to determine the year and model of the numerous
> early Airstreams.  Has anyone who has the knowledge thought of preparing
> an index to the photos.  For example, page 27:  '66 Safari towed by a '65
> Ford F250?
.....>

Good question Harvey.  I don't know if any one person right now possess
that kind of knowledge to do such a feat - maybe Bill Scott or Bud
Cooper?
Maybe after the VAC is able to round up all the available documentation
through the VAC attributes survey and the VAC website historical
archives it will happen.

Later,
RJ