[VAC] Re: towing

I think the key to the truck is not whether it is 3/4 or 1/2 ton but the
size of the engine and gear ration of rear end.  A lot of trucks have the
same size engines in both although often the 3/4 ton  may have a larger
engine option.  I pulled a 6100lb (empty) Argosy (30ft) with an '87 ford
with a 350 engine for ten years and it did a good job but will admit some
mountain passes were 2nd gear, 25 mile an hour affairs after about half
way up.

Roy Lashway
'78 Argosy,'56 Bubble
WBCCI 1610     VAC