[VAC] Re: Tire sizes

Hi Dr. J et al:

This is from my '67 manual (FWIW):

I have a page that apparently is the equivalent your "missing" pages.
This page specifies 7:00 x 15 8-ply nylon tubeless tires for my Safari.

Further into the manual is the following:

THE TIRES.  Your Airstream is equipped at the factory with Goodyear
travel trailer tires.

(still further)

Be sure you maintain correct pressure when cool, but never "bleed" air
out after you have been driving or when the tires are hot.  The tires are
designed to compensate for the higher pressure that will be encountered
as they are driven; "bleeding" air out could result in under-inflation
when they have cooled.  The proper pressure for tires supplied with your
Airstream (7:00 x 15) is 45 psi; (the 7:75 x 15 tires used on the
Caravels use 40 psi).

NOTE:  Your Airstream tires are rated up to 60 psi and can be inflated to
this pressure when the trailer is heavily loaded; however, this will
cause a rougher ride.

Apparently there is quite a disparity between the '67 and '68 manuals
regarding pressures.

GQ '67 Safari