[VAC] Re: Tambour Doors Wanted

Harvey,

If you're interested in used doors, go to this page:

    http://www.rvsite.com/rv.cfm

and check the box for "Parts" and click on the refresh button.  You'll
notice Cherokee RV Salvage in Denver is on the list.  I saw a few used
Airstream tambour doors there about a year ago, so they might be worth a
try.  Hopefully they would be in better shape than the ones you want to
replace.   There are other salvage yards on this list.  There's also one in
Rancho Cordova, near Sacramento, which advertises from time to time on the
VAC site in the parts classification.

There have been many posts in the past on how to rebuild tambour doors, make
new ones from scratch, and a source of pre-fab tambour that can be cut to
fit.  Unfortunately I didn't save any of these.  Did you check Tom's site on
this subject?

Don

(Home page for this site is:   http://www.rvsite.com/ )