[VAC] Re: Door-Locks - one more question

Don:
I also think the 99 door lock with the automotive post like action is the berries...I was close to signing up for the project, but was afraid that I was not going to be able to get "all" the parts from the factory store....There is a piece on the edge of the door that I could not determine if it was part of the lock or part of the door.... I suspected from the picture in the parts book that it was part of the door...

Charlie Burke mentioned a few days ago the door on the new ones is much thicker than the old doors and the lock might not fit in the door... I think that could be solved with the appropriate "blisters" inside and out to accommodate the lock....  To be sure you should enlist the aid of someone like Charlie to be sure you get all the parts and be ready to do some custom aluminum work....

I not only would like to see it done.. I would like to have it on my trailer.... I even contemplated getting the whole door assembly..(frame and all)  but then the curvature would be too flat for the older trailers.....

If you can.. keep me in the loop as to your progress....

Jim Clark