[VAC] Re: 1950 speed in a 2000 world

Thanks Fred.  That's really the heart of my plan- to slow down. If I pull it
with my V-10 I'll just roar around like I do here- obvlious to everything-
destination bound.  I have no destination in mind- just the journey. I'm
trying to change the way I process time by 'time traveling' in the airstream
and old chevy to places that are largely untouched by the last half century.
S. Ga. for example still has cars from the 50's and 60's that have never
left the road and single story mainstreets that are the business heart of
the community.  If they have a Walmart I will probably ease on past.  45-50
is what they call convoy speed.  For some reason it touches off something
peaceful in me that I keep trying to get back to in the rest of my life.
The sculptural beauty and simplicity of the airstream and the chevy
represent some interior longing in me that I'm just stumbling in the dark to
satisy.  This vac group of people are astonishing in their real concern for
people's enjoyment and safety. I'm blown away.  Thankyou for your response.
Jim Graves '54 Safari