[VAC] Re: trailer sag

Hello all,
 I have a binder of some old service bulletins. Among them is Airstream
Service Bulletin #146, Shell to Chassis Separation. The first line is " Frame
Separation at the rear of the trailer is indicated by the chassis of the
trailer dropping away from the shell or body" Then - To correct
1969-1970-1971-1972 - models- Then there are 14 steps and a note about '72
models. That is all on one page. The next page is titled - Frame Separation-
1968 and prior, Underneath that is penciled in 1965- 1972, There are twelve
steps, similar to the previous page. The following pages are marked 1A,B,C
and D. They are line drawing elevations of the rear of a trailer, A interior,
B exterior, C is a cross section of frame, floor, floor channel and D is rear
view of '68 and prior. I can do some scans of these six pages and make them
available if this is not already available elsewhere. I have come to
understand that this problem and the fix for it are well known to some,
perhaps many of you but if there is any interest in having me put this stuff
on line, let me know and I'll set it up.
 I bought my first trailer this past summer, a '71 Tradewind. It's a project.
I love it. It will be my camper. I'm the one who bought the parts on Ebay
from Chris Thompson. I'm looking to buy a '31 footer to use as an addition to
my house (annex? whatever). I see that nice looking '70s trailers are
available for 5-7 thousand with all systems working. If anyone has something
like that or with interior or system problems that they would sell for less
and would be inclined to tow it to Eastern New York, please get in touch. I'd
like to keep it to 5k or less since I'll be doing interior and system
modifications anyway. Of course I'll pay anyone fair value for delivery. I
have no tow vehicle yet. Probably I should wait. The adventure of going to
fetch something would also be fun. I have some stuff for trade; some windows,
tanks, awnings, nice new '77 Service Manuals that I am selling for $75 each.
 I have other old bulletins and info from Dometic and Magic Chef that I will
be glad to share.
Best Regards,
Erik Murray