[VAC] Re: Deadbolts

Jim, ten years ago, one of our caravan mechanic friends provided a wood carving seminar where
each caravaner was given a piece of wood to carve a deadbolt that would marry to the grab handle
with a simple twist of the wood. He started with a piece 5" x 1" x 1/2" soft enough to whittle. A
sample was given to each caravaner to hold in their hands, try out on their Airstream door and get
an idea how to carve the groove to fit the inside of the grab handle. I put a eyelet in one end and
store it on a hook inside near the door. The entire carving project takes about 30 minutes and is
simple to do.

Terry
PS - At one campground on this year's trip, I ignored white circles around the tires of RVs. The
folks who arrived before us, knew something I knew, but I didn't pick up on it right away. Guess
what? Ants moved in. Now, I too, play copy cat when I see the white circles, plus I carry an extra
supply of Ajax.