[VAC] Re: Jim Graves 54 Safari

Jim - my name is Ray Plumlee and i live just south of you outside
Nashville, TN - I have a 55 Safari which is almost  the same as your 54
-  i pull it with an old truck (1950 Studebaker s/b pickup with 350
chevy drivetrain) i have taken both the trailer and truck apart and put
them back together so many times i hate to think about it - So  i might
be able to  give you some help with the trailer and towing it with an
old truck - only problem is i'm all thumbs when it comes to typing + i
don't like to do it in the first place - i'd be happy to help you with
anything i can if you would give me a phone call  at: 615 822 8733 - if
you live close enough to Nashville maybe you could come down and take a
look-see - mine is almost completly original including all the
appliances - also Rick Davis has a 54 Safari and he lives about 70-80
miles east of Nashville - maybe you could arrange to see his unit (if
he's ever at home anymore) - just give me a call and we'll chat - Ray
Plumlee -  PS - Bill Scott - Great to see you back on the list agaain