[VAC] Re: septic, part 2

Scott,
Use a thru-hull fitting for a boat hull to connect the garden hose to the
tank.  Check a marine supply store such as West Marine.  As suggested
earlier, use a hole saw to cut through the fiberglass.  On my Caravanner I
waited until I had the plywood floor installed.  Now, drill through both
the floor and the fiberglass tank.  Make a rubber gasket for the thru-hull
fitting and use the gasket to seal the fitting on the inside of the tank.
The thru-hull fitting is threaded with a center hole.  Insert the thru-hull
fitting for inside of the tank so that the threaded part goes from the
inside up through the tank and floor.  Secure the fitting with the nut.
Now simply adapt the garden hose (vent hose) to the threaded end of the
thru-hull fitting.

Thru-hull fitting come in plastic and brass.  I chose a brass fitting with
a 1/2" pipe thread.

Good luck!
Garnett
60 Caravanner, WDCU, 2878