[VAC] Re: Creative air conditioning Installation

         Reply to:   RE: [VAC] Creative air conditioning Installation
Very true, roof mounted A/C's look out of place on 19 footers and shorter. Our '65
Caravel had one that we removed (story & pictures on the website). Funny thing,
the prior owner had installed it after removing a rear window mounted A/C unit.
That installation blocked the window view, added rear weight and the bumper mounted
support structure kept cracking.  He just sent a picture of the old installation to
me - I may add it to the site tonight to warn off others.

The exchange air the coils of the A/C requires precludes the standard size furnace
intake of the longer trailers (shorter trailers usually had just the exhaust out
the side).  The only other creative solution I've seen is what Roy Lashway did to
his 16' Bubble with the installation of a floor mounted Cool-Cat unit.  If I
remember, it has a big intake grill on the streetside.  Roy, any comments or
pictures of the installation on your website?

RJ
http://vintgeairstream.com