[VAC] Re: Oil in my L.P. line?

The delivery pressure is low.. ounces.. I am sure we can get the right
numbers from the various LP sites... I think the measurement is made with a
manometer due to the low pressure and the accuracy desired... The technician
would probably charge a minimum of the basic hourly rate, and that would be
the same as a new regulator.... If the regulator and hoses are "93" version,
I would be surprised that they failed so soon.... If you have an older
coach, the likelihood of high pressure hoses being the original is pretty
good....a lot of folks put the old hoses on the new regulator....(thinking
"how can a hose be a problem if it still holds pressure"????)

If you want to try cleaning the low pressure lines with air, you probably
don't need any fittings to blow out the lines, just use a blowgun with a
rubber tip and stick it in the appliance end of the line....(hold it in by
hand while blowing).... with the LP regulator end disconnected and hanging
down, you should be able to clean out any liquid that might be a problem
with a few good puffs....If you have a portable air tank, pump it up to
about 40 psi and disconnect everything and puff away....I will be surprised
if anything comes out....(if it does, it sprays over the ground instead of
in the coach)

The way I understand your estimate, it doesn't guarantee the results... if
it still doesn't work, sorry... you need a new regulator....and instead of a
$50.. expense, you have $75.. . plus the cost of the parts....(plus a little
markup for the shop, if he can't buy it cheaper than you can at Camping
World)

If you blow out the lines yourself, you can ask how much for a regulator and
high pressure lines installed????  Probably $75 plus the parts...if it's
more.. try to find another shop...The installation isn't a big deal, but if
you don't feel comfortable working with LP... don't do it... you will always
feel that you should have had a "pro" do it....

Have fun..
Jim