[VAC] Airstream article

Roger Hightower's posting with the Airstream article in his local paper
prompts me to share an article I wrote on Vintage Airstreams for issue One
of LIVING ROOM, a brand-new, home and decorating magazine for hip 20- and
30-something gals. Interestingly, this was the first writing assignment I
got after quitting my corporate editing job for the life of a freelancer,
working out of the Argosy 26 I bought for the express purpose of using as a
home office in my back yard. Anyway, the audience for this piece is not
exactly this list's demographic, so pardon the rather flip tone, but I
thought you might be interested anyway. I mention VAC and this discussion
group a couple times, too. Since LIVING ROOM doesn't have a website, I'm
going to paste the text of my article into the body of this message below,
as I submitted it to the magazine--the editor made a few minor changes
before publication. LIVING ROOM is available only on newstand, and can be
hard to find, but for the interested, there are some pretty decent pix to go
along with it, and a tiny-postage-stamp-size pic of yours truly, shot (at my
suggestion) at night, clearance lights aglow, through the side of the
forward wrap-around windows while I was working at my computer.

Dan Weeks
'75 Argosy 26

P.S. LIVING ROOM owns the copyright to this piece, and would have my head if
this appeared anywhere else in print without their permission, so PLEASE
PLEASE don't reprint it without contacting me first. I'm sure I could
arrange to allow a reprint pretty easily should anyone want one, but if it
just showed up somewhere and they found out about it, I'd be in deep
blackwater. Thanks, folks.

<snip>
message not printed, pending permission