[VAC] Re: Schematic for better trailer lights.

That's the essence of the wiring package part of the Ford towing package
these days. Ford's package includes a relay for trailer battery charging
when the engine is running as well as individual circuit fuses. In my
'98 F-150 the relays and fuses are located at the back top of the left
front fender. I belive Dodge truck towing wiring is much the same.

Now all you need to do is make sure the lights on the trailer are
grounded through metal, not through the squeeze of plastic and the
lights will be reliable.

Where connections are required to aluminum, a bit of aluminum wire
connection grease helps and where copper and brass contact, a bit of
silicone dielectric grease helps keep the lamp bases clean far longer.

Gerald J.