Re: [VAC] Falcon info.

Hi there Toby,
         Well, I finally managed to find out who owns that cute little
trailer I think is a Falcon.  It looks identical to the one in the
Airstream book except it has vents on the roof  that look a little
older.  I happened to "bump into" the old guy who owns it the other day
when I "just happened" to be in the neighborhood (I think  you get the
picture)  Anyway, I tried to make small talk with the old guy and managed
to find out that he bought it new in '59 and uses it for "little camping
trips".  I wanted to ask more, but he looked suspiciously at me out of the
corner of his eye and told me gruffly "It's not for sale!"  I of course,
sputtered for a second and professed to only be interested because I have
an Airstream also, and then he saw my kids and told me what I really needed
was a motorhome.  Yeah, whatever!  Anyway, he is old, but man, he's a
feisty old fella!  Probably won't be parting with it until he hits the
dirt, which could be a long time if you know what I mean.  I might try to
sneak a couple pictures sometime and if I do, I'll e-mail them to you.
         The trailer I originally posted the note about is a "Flying Cloud"
I think, and boy is it in tough shape.  It's pre-1967 when they changed the
number of panels, and of course I can see it's inherent beauty, but it
would be a beast of a project.  Too bad that it's languishing in a field,
but that seems to be the fate of some of these old trailers.
         John and I just sold our Overlander and have a deal on a 65
Caravel that we will pick up in a couple of weeks.  I'm giddy with
anticipation.  Well, that's all the info on the little old trailers in my
neighborhood, just thought you'd want to know.
Jodi