Re: [VAC] 14x14 vent caps

Gerald,
Don't know if you ever received an answer on this.

The only way I found to remove the cap is from on top by drilling out
the 6 pop-rivets that hold it to the hinges.  If it is an original
aluminum cap, the seal is captured by an inner plate on the cap.  The
seal is free to move around some.  I've never seen anyone or tried
myself to pop the inner drives of the LeDeux openers out of their
housing.  I do know that lots of Lithium grease makes them work
smoothly.  To reinstall the cap, it's the process in reverse.  From
experience, it is a good idea to check that the pop-rivet is through the
hole in the hinge from below (inside the trailer) before pulling it.

Best of luck,
RJ
'65 Caravel