Re: [VAC] Small, portable A/C

I bet Jim Dunmeyer or Dr. Gerald could make a reasonable facsimile of the
Kar Kool in an afternoon or so with parts they already have laying around
the shop.

Looks like all you'd need is a plastic box (like a toolbox or storage box),
some 12v muffin fans, a humidifier pad or two, a cigarette lighter cord, and
a fuse holder with a 3 amp fuse.   I could probably do this in an afternoon
myself, after a few weeks of  "planning" which would include the required
procrastination period as well as collecting the parts.

Here's another idea I read in the RVer's solar guide book from RV Solar
Electric: hang wet towels over the windows and run your exhaust fan.  The
Fan-tastic vent fan, for example, draws 3 amps at maximum speed, which is
slightly less than the output of a 60-watt solar panel.  I bet this would be
as effective as a swamp cooler, if not more so.

Don