Re: [VAC] Fantastic Vent

Gary,

I installed the Fantastic Fan today.  It went very well.

I used a couple of ideas that Steve Hingtgen gave me; he said to drape walk
off mats (the kind with rubber backing) on the trailer and lean the ladder
against them, then just lean over the trailer roof to work.  I happened to
have a couple of these mats handy and I now know how I'm going to get on top
of my Airstream to polish it the next time it needs it.

He also suggested busting the rivets with a hammer and chisel; this works
well.  I used an old wood chisel, and now the job is done, I don't think I
would hesitate to use a new chisel.  I didn't harm the tool at all.

Anyway, the job went fast and well.  I would recommend it to anyone with a
modicum of mechanical ability who wants a new vent fan.

Also, if anyone in interested in the old style lid and / or cranks, I have a
full set here that I no longer have a use for.  I've got new a 12v DC fan
motor too.

Pete
'65 Caravel