Re: [VAC] New member / Old Airstream

About that positive ground, that went out of use in the early fifties,
and I've haven't seen a positive ground 12v Airstream.  The wiring would
have to have been swapped at the two vent fans and the water pump or
back at the AC/DC switch box.  Sounds like a pain that A/S wouldn't have
gone through, even as an option.  Do you have picture of that placard
plate?  Sounds all too strange... but, interesting.

There is originally the Uni-volt converter right after the line cord
junction box with 12vAC, 12vDC & 18v AC voltage outputs.  If it is
anything other than the original Uni-volt converter, I would really map
out and inspect your electrical system.  I wouldn't trust just anyone's
mods, rewiring, or "improvements" without fully understanding and
agreeing with the installation.  People just tend to do things wrong
when it comes to electricity due to lack of knowledge or whatever.

RJ