[VAC] New member / Old Airstream

Ok, I think I just got myself all signed up for this Airstream list...

Anyhow, I just purchased a 1965 17' Caravel, and I'm brand new to Airstreams
and to this list.  However I've had a good bit of motorhome and camping
experience.  I've got plans to use the Airstream during a weekend outing in
Aug, and then again on Labor Day weekend.  After the first 2 road trips, I'll
then start working out a restoration plan for the winter.

In the mean time, I'll be getting a PA state inspection done this week.  I'll
also need to get a house battery.  Should I get anything special? or just a
regular car battery from an auto parts store?  I was thinking that maybe a
deep draw marine battery might be a good choice.  There is a small plate that
states that my trailer is wired positive ground.  And there seems to be an
inverter on the electrical hook-up cord.  Does this pose any real troubles?
Should I keep it Pos ground, or should I convert it?

And that'll get me started.  I'm heading down to the DMV for license plates
and registration this afternoon.  In the coming weeks, I'll probably have
some questions regarding the toilet and holding tank (where can I get
parts?), and most likely some other questions as well.

Thanks!

Chuck