Re: [VAC] Jacobs ignition system

     I don't know about the chip for gas engines, but a chip sure does work on the diesels.  I put a BD chip in my 2000 F-250, and the increase is very noticeable.  It is supposed to add about 75 hp and 100 ft lbs. of torque.  It has also added at least 3 - 4 mpg to my mileage.  I am now getting 18 mpg city and 24 highway without trailer.
     I just returned from a 5600 mile trip from Houston-Denver-Crested Butte-Sacramento-Houston.  Over this mileage I averaged 16.5 mpg, most of which was pulling a 5000 lb. trailer at speeds averaging 65-70 mph.
     The chip does work !
     I had also installed a BD exhaust brake.  Between the power from the motor, and the retardation from the exhaust brake, the mountain driving was easier than I have ever experienced with any other tow vehicle.
     I know that there are a number of chips available other than the BD.  Obviously Jacobs is one.  They do run cheaper than the $500 I paid for the BD, and I believe that performance does vary from chip to chip.

-Tom

mailto:tom@tompatterson.com
Website: http://www.tompatterson.com