[VAC] replacing exterior skin panels response.

Tuna,

.040 would be your top shell, belly pan could be as
thin as .024...  in the 40's and early 50's the
aluminum only curved one direction as I understand it
(i.e. arched from front to back as compared to front
to back *and* side to side) so it seems to me that the
repair would be easier for a do-it-yourselfer than the
later 60's and 70's models.

Toby 2029

(I know I should *never* say the word "easier" on this
list... seems like that term is not commonly agreed
upon.)