Re: [VAC] Twin mattress type

Nick,

Once upon a time we had an innerspring mattress made to fit the odd size
of the trailer.  Not awfully expensive either.  I did not want a
polyester or foam top on it.  I react like it is a frying pan.  He put
cotton padding on it but it had to be labelled as a rebuilt.  Seems there
is a fire law about using cotton.  Anyway it sure was a good one and he
guaranteed us that it was all new material..  Look in the yellow pages
for a mattress manufacturer.  I know the one in Yuma, AZ makes them.  He
always has an ad in the local paper.  When going that route you can
specify any softness or  hardness you want.  I'd sure give it a try.
When measuring be sure to allow a couple of inches so you can tuck the
sheets and blankets in.  My Bambi has foam and one is too long causing
the other to push out of shape.

For sheets I used a flat double size and sewed it into a fitted size.
Even used old elastic from men's underwear.  That elastic has lasted for
20 years.  More than I can say for other elastic.  It never wears out.

Good luck,

Kathy