[VAC] Good source for practical towing info...

A good source for towing info from guys with experience would be the Vmag
Suburban message board at :http://forums.vmag.com/suvsuburban0600/
 Search the archives for a wealth of information and advice.

I was pulling my 76 31' AS with a 1/2 ton 350 burb and these guys convinved
me I was not only an accident waiting to happen, but also rolling the dice
when it came to breaking the drivetrain.  I have since switched to a 3/4 ton
burb with 454, turbo 400 tranny, and 3.73 gears, (would have prefered 4.11).
I put the truck in gear and it pulls the AS from idle!  Like they say, no
one complains about having to much tow vehicle.

Also, older (86 to 89) dino or square body burbs as they are called are
selling cheap no doubt due to gas prices.  I got mine under $2000 from a
dealer in Chicago that couldn't move it off thier lot.  Of course the new
2500's are hard to get and very expensive.

Timothy A. Hess
Director of Instrumental Music
Paxton-Buckley-Loda High School
trumpeter@illicom.net