Re: [VAC] older trailer (propane fridge)

Jim,

According to the "Rules of the Road" section of Woodall's camp directory,
it's not just a no-no in California, but it's also illegal to drive with
open propane valves.  Not that you'd ever get stopped and checked, but if
you ever had a propane fire on the road, I suppose you could get in trouble,
and it also might void your insurance.

Most of the time I don't drive with the fridge on, but I've done it a few
times with no problems.   When I stop for gas I turn it off, and I usually
leave it off for the rest of the day's drive.

I've heard that some Eastern states have signs in front of tunnels that say
propane must be turned off before entering, so they apparently don't mind
having it on while driving.   I checked a few other states in Woodall's, and
California is the only one I've found so far that prohibits propane use on
the road.  In Texas, it's mandatory to have the fridge running at all times,
including on the road, if there is beer of any kind in it (except for Jax).
;>)

Don

"When propane is outlawed, only outlaws will use propane"