RE: [VAC] toilet dilemma

Nick:

I noticed in my '68 Safari, someone installed a newer toilet, haven't looked
at the brand but it's one of those less expensive, narrow base types.
Anyway, to add to your dilemma, it looks like the previous owner cut a hole
in the wall that encircles the toilet allowing for the seat cover to be
raised.  I'm going to see if I can't patch the hole with a fiberglass repair
kit.  Anyway, the point is, when you finally decide on a toilet, set it in
place and see if the seat cover can be raised without difficulty.  You may
have to trim the lower corner of the cover, in fact trim both corners to make
it look more symmetrical.  Much better then cutting a hole in the wall.  :-)

David