Re: [VAC] water heater

Don,

I just did this myself and I am somewhat handy, but no trailer mechanic. I
got an Atwood model, as listers said it was just a knockoff of the old
Bowen. This was true as it was an exact fit and I even reused the stainless
steel cover from the old unit. Water lines were an easy hookup but the gas
line was a might harder. I finally drilled a new hole in the new water
heater case to better route the gas line from below the coach to the
control valve assembly. The new one(6 gallon) I purchased at Camping World
was on sale. It was gas only and had no insulation. I had to either reuse
old insulation or find other. Inspection of the old Bowen unit showed a
small hole in the tank. It looked to me as much a burn hole as corrosion. I
say go for it.....if you have a question someone here will have a proven
solution.

                                                           73 Safari