From: Philip Piper [mailto:pmpiper@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2000 8:03 AM
To: srhoades@airstream.com
Subject: Re: trailer weight

Mr. Rhoades,
I am not in disagreement with you but I thought that you may be interested
to know that there are people that would have me beleive otherwise. There
were several messages posted to that effect on the Vintage Airstream
discussion group regarding new trailers at some point in time.

Regards,
Phil Piper
----Original Message Follows----
Mr. Piper:  I can not speak for other manufacuters, but Airstream does not
build trailers that exceed the axle weight.  The dry weight of a vintage
trailers can vary from the original declared weight because of alterations
or modifications that may have been made to the trailer.