[VAC] hello and some questions from a soon to be airstream owner

I'm looking to purchase a 1968 28' ambassador. It's in
pretty bad shape, but my goal is an internal strip and
re-do. My primary question (more for safety, than
anything else) has to do with my inital tow home -
It's about 60 miles from my home.

The trailer has been sitting for a long time. My
concerns are-
The tires - should they be replaced and what should I
look for when deciding on this?
Checking that the wheels move - should I check out the
bearings as not to damage them? If they need grease is
there a simple way to grease these besides taking them
apart ie:standard grease gun fittings?
Should I check the brakes? what's the easiest way to
do this)?
I really want to get it home to do the major work so
my goal is a safe 60 mile ride. Please send me
suggestions, as I'm looking forward to this new
adventure!

Thanks in advance,
Michael