RE: [VAC] Gray water

I have heard of these being installed under an older trailer, but once you
get the skin off the bottom to place the pipe between the frame and near the
wheels (for the weight), I would think putting in a rectangular tank would
work better as it would hold more in a given space than round pipes.  Every
time I figure the length of 4" pipe to hold a reasonable amount of water I
come up with lots of it (1 gallon = 231 cubic inches, so 18.4 inches per
gallon, 10 gallons = 15 feet of 4" pipe).  If I added a gray tank I would
tap into the gray water drain line before it goes into the main exit with
the black water. When I redid my drains I combined the bath and kitchen gray
water lines and put in a valve on the gray line to hold it back from the
mixing point with the black water, which I close when dumping black water to
keep them separate.  This also lets me hold some gray water back, especially
when my little blue portable tank is full.  I can hold the last soapy water
from the sink above this valve when I am about to dump the black water, then
release it to clean the drain hose before storing it.  - Martin, '60 Safari